Everest Enterprises Limited (EEL) was incorporated on the 19th may 1988 to export fresh vegetables and fruits from Kenya. Later the company ventured in the production and export of Flowers. Over the years the company has undergone various changes in shareholding with the main share holder being Mr. John Karuga.
The company has concentrated its efforts in ensuring that it takes control over its products from growing, transportation, processing and packing and distribution to the customers at the right specification. The whole process is managed under the generally acceptable local legislation and European standards, raking into account customers requirements and workers welfare.
To control over the growing of the produce for the export, the company has over the years acquired own farms and leased tracts of land where own farming is undertaken. The farms are Global Gap and “For life” -Social responsibility certified
On top of this the company has partnered with large, medium and small scale farmers who undertake vegetable farming activities with the support of the company agronomy and technical teams guided by good agricultural practices, customer quality standards and ethical trading standards.
The flowers production and packing is done at our own farm located at Timau in Meru County
The vegetables and fruits packing is done at our modern pack house based at Maragwa in Murang’a County which is BRC and “For Life”- Social responsibility certified. The pack house is strategically positioned at a central place such that the produce from farms is delivered within a short time and also that the finished product is delivered to the Airport within a short time.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To be a leading World class exporter of horticultural produce and create a partnership of trust and respect with customers
We are committed to consistently achieve the quality standards required by our customers, guaranteeing unsurpassed service levels at competitive prices. We strive to fulfill our social and environmental responsibility through ethical trading initiative and extensive training programmers. We aim at increasing shareholders value through sustainable business processes.
- Establish a leading position in the market
- Develop and consistently maintain high quality standards to meet customer specifications
- Establish market intelligence, identifying customer needs and continuous delivery of high standard customers’ service
- To improve and sustain a reliable procurement base with the main focus on production , this being volume and above all quality.
Diversify our product range
- Strengthen the partnership with the airline to ensure efficient airstrip utilization
- Maintain a modern transport and cooling facilities with emphasis on cool chain management
- Continue to explore areas of cost reduction to ensure competitiveness in the world market
- Maximize return on investment